What is an Audiologist?
Why Choose an Audiologist?
Patients affected by hearing loss deserve expert, knowledgeable care from an audiologist who can accurately evaluate the patient’s condition and prescribe the hearing-improvement solution that specifically addresses that patient’s needs. This is precisely the care offered by an audiologist.
- Has a professional degree in Audiology from an accredited university and has undergone extensive training in all aspects of hearing impairment causes and solutions.
- Thoroughly analyzes each patient’s health history, including factors such as medications, diseases, physiology, genetics, and past exposure to noise to determine their impact on the patient’s hearing.
- Provides highly effective treatment strategies that specifically address the patient’s particular needs.
- Has the extensive education and training necessary to determine when a patient requires hearing aids.
- Has the uncompromised expertise to provide precise fitting of hearing instruments, as well as custom tuning and verification of the instruments’ performance.
- Is independent of any large retail corporation and its bottom-line focus on profits over patient needs. The objective of an audiologist is to provide each patient with complete, respectful care that expertly resolves hearing problems in the most effective manner possible.